Tuesday, June 30, 2009
10 Ways to Promote Your Corporate Blog
Online marketing and search marketing requires some off-site promotion as well as on-site promotion.
- Promote your corporate blog on your website. A link is great, aggregating your feed is even better!
- Promote your corporate blog in your email signatures.
- Promote your corporate blog in your business cards.
- Promote your corporate blog posts via Twitter using HootSuite.
- Publish your corporate blog on Facebook using Simplaris Blogcast or the Blog RSS Reader.
- Promote your corporate blog posts along with other industry-specific posts using StumbleUpon.
- Save your corporate blog posts with specific keyword-driven tags to Delicious. I recommend the Delicious Firefox add-on to make this easier!
- Comment on other industry blogs and be sure to use your corporate blog address in the URL field of the comments, not your website url. People like to follow a blog from a great content!
- Offer other industry bloggers a trade to guest post on each others' blog. This will expose your readers to their readers... and their readers to you!
- Mention industry thought leaders in your corporate blog posts. Folks in the industry pay attention to who is talking about them. If you write a post worthy of mentioning, you'll get their attention, their audience, and if they link - some great authority.
Don't just leave it up to search engines only to find your content - promoting your content can drive traffic and backlinks to your blog. When you grow backlinks to your blog, search engine traffic will increase, too!