Jay Baer, Chris Baggott and Joe Chernov are most definitely three of the industry's leading experts in content marketing. During this webinar, they tackle 25 of the challenges facing today's marketers. If you need help with content marketing Compendium, Eloqua & Convince & Convert can help!
Here are the 25 Questions these Content Marketing Experts addressed:
1. Would you call content marketing more of an art or a science? Meaning, would you place more emphasis on the creative ideation or the technical optimization part of the process?
2. How do we convince senior leadership to invest in content marketing?
3. I feel like with us the challenge isn't making great content. The challenge is - how do we get the most out of each piece? I'd love to know some of the strategies these guys use to promote and repromote each piece of content...and ultimately how doing that generates leads.
4. What are some strategies for re-hashing and re-using old content?
5. How do I find the right balance between attracting the interest of those who don't yet know my company well and maintaining the interest of those who do?
6. Do you find email newsletters to still be a valid source for potential leads? What components are your must-haves for newsletters?
7. When implementing a lead nurturing/life cycle process, do you recommend starting with current customers or prospects?
8. What do you do when you can't actually talk about your day to day work due to non-disclosure agreements with clients?
9. What do you think the best length is for a blog post?
10. What are some creative ways you're involving customers in creating content for your organization?
11. We have a small marketing communications group and cannot staff up, so we need to start small. I've been told starting a blog is a good way to start. Would you agree with this?
12. As a software consulting company all of the experts are working billable hours. As a result they don't have time to contribute to the marketing content effort. What are some ways to extract viable content for white papers, case studies, blog, etc. from these hardworking individuals?
13. Which marketing channel/technology in B2B should today's marketer be able to take advantage of to quickly expand the footprint and effectiveness of their content?
14. I want to start hosting guest bloggers on our site, as well as be a guest blogger on other sites. Any common pitfalls to avoid in the process?
15. When can you charge for the content you are offering and is there a dollar threshold?
16. What is the best measure / metric of social media success for a brand on Facebook? On Twitter?
17. The idea that writing for the web is very different from writing for print has become an unchallenged maxim. Have changes to search engine parameters (ex. Google's Panda) rendered that advice less factual, though? If not--if writing for the Web is a different craft altogether... how so?
18. What's the best way to target your content? By where someone is in the sales cycle? By demographic traits (job title)? By industry verticals?
19. How can an organization create fresh and relevant content consistently with limited resources?
20. How would you spend your time if you were the only person handling content for a B2B company?
21. What are the best practices for leveraging video for content marketing?
22. It's important for brands to be more humanized than ever with social media, can you give examples of how brands are/can communicate better with the community?
23. Has social media stopped being the next big thing and become status quo?
24. If different people own various elements of marketing (someone for webinars, case studies, website, social networks, email marketing, etc.), what would be your first steps to effectively consolidate these roles and/or get buy-in from the organization that there needs to be some alignment between these people in order to deliver a truly optimized content marketing strategy?
25. In the B2B space, do you see companies creating Content Marketing positions or departments or do existing employees just take on some of the role and it's more a team effort across existing resources?